Five Point Thrust Initiatives
Program Planning and Development Theme:
“Total Wellness for the College Student”
- Backus Hospital: provide a reading Luau for infirmed children
- Frank Callen Boys and Girls Club: mentor students in after school program
- Delta Academy/Delta Gems: mentor females on academics, career planning, and community activeness.
- Freshmen Let’s Talk: pairing up with Freshmen as role models, encouraging public service and school involvement for the purpose of raising the morale.
- Book Club: encouraging leisure reading for the student body outside the classroom arena.
- Credit Seminar: promoting the importance of responsible credit management beginning in college
- Union Mission: feed the homeless Savannah (City Initiative for Thanksgiving)
- Habitat for Humanity: assist in building homes for those who may not otherwise own a home.
Physical and Mental Health:
- Self-Defense Classes: raising sexual abuse awareness/teaching defense techniques
- Tara Nursing Home: volunteering with the elderly
- Red Cross Shelter: volunteering for the purpose of assisting the victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
- Unwind with the Deltas: seminar promoting self-love for the African American female, including brief seminars on hair and skin maintenance by guest speakers.
Political Awareness and Involvement:
- Care Packages for the Troops: packaging and mailing care packages for African American Females serving overseas consisting of various personal hygiene products.
October Service Location:
Frank Callen Girls and
Boys Club, 510 E. Charlton
|4||4 pm - 6 pm||Community Service||Frank Callen Boys & Girls Club|
|13||4 pm - 6 pm||Community Service||Frank Callen Boys & Girls Club|
We ask that all SSU students who need rides please meet in front of the student center 45 minutes prior to the scheduled time for the car pool.
- All volunteers for this service must fill out a volunteer form and bring a valid form of ID to the Boys and Girls Club. Additionally, this organization requires a criminal background check. Please complete your volunteer packets with the Boys and Girls Club prior to community service dates in October.
Please email Delta_Nu_Serves_SSUemail@example.com PRIOR TO the service dates so the various organizations can make accommodations for Delta Nu Chapter AND SSU Students!
For further information email Delta_Nu_Serves_SSUfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank You For Your Support!
Want to be kept abreast of our SERVICE PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS? Join our new Yahoo!Group Delta Nu Serves SSU.
The Delta Nu Serves SSU Yahoo!Group is solely for the purpose of reaching out to the Savannah State University family (students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends) to encourage and promote community service and outreach.
Delta Nu Serves SSU IS NOT AN INTEREST GROUP!
Participation in Delta Nu Serves SSU DOES NOT indicate that a participant has any interest in membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., nor does participation in this listserv serve as an indication that a participant will be invited to membership in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
Questions regarding membership intake will not be allowed or addressed in this Yahoo!Group. Persons interested in membership information should refer to the OFFICIAL Web site of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.: www.deltasigmatheta.org.
Membership in Delta Nu Serves SSU is open to ALL members of the Savannah State University family: students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends.